- The closing date of the competition is 14th March 2018
- There is no limit on the number of entries
- Entries must be accompanied by an entry form
- Entries will not be returned, so please do keep a copy
- No alterations can be made to poems or stories once entered
- Entries must not have been published before (including self-published, published on a website or broadcast)
- Entries should be typed and printed on A4 paper (one side only) – no email entries
- Entrants must be aged 18+
- Entries must be written in English. Translations are not eligible
- Brittle Star reserves the right to change the judges without notice
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Poems and Short Fiction
- Entries can be on any subject
- All entries are judged anonymously so the writer’s name must not appear on the work itself
- All poems must have a title and must not exceed 60 lines (excluding title)
- All stories must have a title and must not exceed 2000 words (excluding title). Stories should be 2.0 line spaced, 12 point font and include the word count
- Poems and stories must be the original work of the entrant
- The first poem/story submitted costs £5.00 Subsequent entries in the same submission cost £3.50 per poem/story. Brittle Star subscribers (including those subscribing at time of submission) get one free second entry. Patron’s of Brittle Star (through Patreon) get their first entry free
- Payments must be made in £ sterling. Please make cheques payable to ‘Brittle Star’.
- Prizewinners will be notified by mid May 2018
- The copyright of each piece remains with the author. Authors of the winning poems or stories, by entering the competition, grant Brittle Star the right to publish it in any format and use it in promotional material
- Entry implies acceptance of the rules. Failure to comply with all the rules will result in disqualification.
Brittle Star is unable to pay travel and accommodation costs for winners attending the prize giving.